FORGETTING one of your passwords can be very annoying but Apple has a feature that might be able to help you out.
All you need to do is use Siri and your iCloud.
How Siri can tell you a password
If you happen to forget a password for a website that you've logged into on your iPhone then you can ask Siri for help.
For example, you can open Siri and say "What's my Facebook password?" and the virtual assistance can tell you.
The only catch is that you'll need to have saved that password to your iCloud via Safari or an app.
To save a password you can use iCloud Keychain.
Apple explains: "iCloud Keychain remembers things, so that you don't have to.
"It auto-fills your information—like your Safari usernames and passwords, credit cards, Wi-Fi passwords, and social log-ins—on any device that you approve."
Simply, go to Settings and then click your name and then tap "iCloud".
Tap "Keychain" and then make sure it's turned on.
All your information is kept encrypted and you'll be asked if you want a password to be remembered.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you're due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you're down to 80% capacity. If you're below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
In other news, WhatsApp users send roughly 100 billion messages everyday, according to owner Mark Zuckerberg.
Apple One, the tech giant's big services bundle, is launching today globally.
And, the iPhone 12 has been labelled as the "the most durable smartphone ever" by researchers who conducted a drop test experiment.
Do you find this password finding feature useful? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Read Full Article