- President Donald Trump was back on Twitter Friday morning.
- After giving scripted remarks Thursday night condemning the capitol siege and calling for a peaceful transfer of power, the president defended his supporters on Friday.
- "The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future," the president tweeted.
- "They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Following his suspension from Twitter, President Donald Trump was back on his preferred social media platform on Friday morning with a defense of his supporters.
Although Trump delivered prepared remarks in a video Thursday night calling the capitol siege a "heinous attack" and that those involved "will pay," he defended his supporters in his return to Twitter on Friday.
"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future," the president tweeted. "They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"
Read more: Lawmakers, Hill staffers, and reporters recount the harrowing experience as a violent pro-Trump mob broke into the Capitol to protest the electoral-vote count
Trump has frequently claimed any criticism of him or denunciation of his character amounts to an attack on his supporters, even going so far as to accuse his own Supreme Court nominees of "going out of their way to hurt all of us" during his rally right before the siege on Wednesday.
After Trump received his suspension from Twitter on Wednesday, he complied with the company's demands Thursday and deleted three tweets around the riots in violation of the platform's rules.
As Business Insider tech reporter Isobel Asher Hamilton reported Thursday, Trump is on thin ice with Twitter following the suspension. Amid growing calls for Twitter to ban him permanently, the company acknowledged for the first time on Wednesday that it will ban him from the site if he does not comply with their civic integrity and violent threat policies.
Source: Read Full Article