- You can only update the Epic Games Launcher on your Mac or PC by restarting it when an update is available.
- There's no way to check for Epic Games Launcher updates manually, aside from restarting the app.
- To update the games you play through the Epic Games Launcher, like "Fortnite," go to the app's settings and turn on automatic updates.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
The Epic Games Launcher lets you play hundreds of popular games, many of which are exclusive to the platform. And like other apps, the Epic Games Launcher — and the games in it — regularly receives updates to fix bugs, add features, and more.
The Epic Game Launcher automatically installs its own program updates, and there's no way to check for or install updates manually. However, you can indirectly force the launcher to perform its own automatic update by restarting the program.
How to update the Epic Games Launcher
Again, the Epic Games Launcher is built to update automatically. You're almost always better off just waiting for the Launcher to update on its own.
But if you want to force the Epic Games Launcher to check for an update:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher, so its icon appears in the taskbar or Dock at the bottom of your screen.
2. If you're on a Mac, right-click the icon and select "Quit." If you're on a PC, click the small upward-pointing arrow on the right side of the taskbar, then right-click the Epic Games Launcher icon and select "Exit."
3. Once the Launcher is fully closed, re-open it.
Whenever the Epic Games Launcher opens, it checks for new updates. If there's one available, it'll let you know.
How to update games within the Epic Games Launcher
Games installed using the Launcher also need occasional updates. These will also update automatically, but you'll need to enable automatic updates.
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click "Settings."
3. Scroll down to the Manage Games section and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Allow Auto-Updates."
4. Expand the menu for each game that you want to enable automatic updates on.
5. Make sure that those games have their "Auto-update" box checked.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change your Epic Games display name, so that people you play with can see you with a new title
How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher from your PC or Mac, along with all of its games
How to delete your Epic Games account and clear all game data and progress along with it
Emulators can turn your PC into a Mac, let you play games from any era, and more — here's what you should know about the potential benefits and risks of using one
How to download Nvidia drivers to keep your computer's graphics running smoothly and vibrantly
Source: Read Full Article